09 March, 2017
The Port Authority of the Cayman Islands invites applications for the following positions:
DEPUTY DIRECTOR – HUMAN RESOURCES
SALARY: CI$88,000 – $125,000 PER ANNUM
Reporting to the Port Director, the Deputy Director – Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership in developing and implementing human resources (HR) strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the Port Authority of the Cayman Islands (PACI), specifically in the areas of change management; performance management; talent management; and compensation and benefits. The incumbent provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the management team and the Board of Directors as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- A Bachelor degree from a recognised college or university with a major in Human Resources, Psychology, Management, Business Administration or related field; a Master degree is preferred
- A professional HR accreditation such as Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or equivalent
- At least seven (7) years HR experience with at least three (3) years of relevant management level experience sufficient to demonstrate the ability to meet the demands of the position
- Advanced analytical, research, problem solving, decision making, time-management and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including business writing, report preparation and public speaking skills
- A strong understanding of financial reporting and budgeting
- A high level of maturity, professionalism, initiative, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to succeed in an environment of pressing deadlines and changing conditions
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive people programmes, including talent acquisition and retention, development, performance management, compensation and benefits, succession planning, culture development and organisational transformation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Read the complete job description here.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Labour Law (2011 Revision). Preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced Caymanians. Detailed Job Descriptions and Application Form are available online at https://www.caymanport.com/human-resources/.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM AND RESUME TO:
Port Authority of the Cayman Islands
PO Box 1358, 45A Harbour Drive, Grand Cayman KY1-1108, Cayman Islands
CLOSING DATE: 31 March, 2017