09 March, 2017
The Port Authority of the Cayman Islands invites applications for the following positions:
SALARY: CI$ 69,000 – $104,000 PER ANNUM
Reporting to the Financial Controller (FC), the Finance Manager is responsible for the financial health of the Port Authority of the Cayman Islands (PACI). The incumbent produces financial reports, develops strategies based on financial research, provides support to the Deputy Director – Finance and FC, and provides guidance to management to assist in short- and long-term decision making. The incumbent also assists the FC in managing the day-to-day Accounting department operations.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- A Bachelor degree from a recognised college or university with a major in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Management, or Business Administration; a Master degree is preferred
- Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Public Accountant designation is an asset
- Three (3) – five (5) years of progressive financial responsibility including three (3) years of administrative and supervisory responsibility
- Thorough knowledge of Generally accepted accounting and internal control principles (GAAP), and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Advanced analytical, research, problem solving, decision making, time-management and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including business writing, report preparation and public speaking skills
- A strong understanding of financial reporting and budgeting
- Ability to research and understand financial and risk management issues, and identify appropriate methods to address them
- A high level of maturity, professionalism, initiative, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to succeed in an environment of pressing deadlines and changing conditions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and accounting software
Read the complete job description here.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Labour Law (2011 Revision). Preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced Caymanians. Detailed Job Descriptions and Application Form are available online at https://www.caymanport.com/human-resources/.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM AND RESUME TO:
Port Authority of the Cayman Islands
PO Box 1358, 45A Harbour Drive, Grand Cayman KY1-1108, Cayman Islands
CLOSING DATE: 31 March, 2017